Change your wallet password (Unencrypted -> Encrypted)
"Can I turn my unencrypted private key into an encrypted private key?"
Yes, you can encrypt your private key by using our Chrome Extension, or importing your raw private key into geth.
- Download and install our Chrome Extension.
- Add a new wallet using your private key.
- Enter a password and save this wallet.
- Go to the "My Wallets" page and click the yellow "view" icon.
- It will ask you for the password you just created. Enter it.
- More information regarding your account will show up below. You can download the keystore file (encrypted with your password) and use that to access your wallet in the future.
You may choose to continue to use the Chrome Extension or go back to using the website.
Always have multiple backups of your private key! Without it, your ETH and tokens will be lost. MyEtherWallet cannot access your account, move funds, recover funds, reverse transactions, nor recover your private key or password.
We are not a web wallet. We are a client-side interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
We never save, store, or transmit any sensitive information ever. We don't know you, your IP address, your email address, or even that you used the site.